All trips will have coordination information posted prior to the activity with contact info on the Club Meetup page (Meetup registration required to view). Scroll down and click “More Meetups” to see all posted trips. Note that a few trips require more advance commitment due to ferry or lodging reservations needed. Participants are responsible for having appropriate equipment and ability. Nonmembers must sign a Club waiver prior to participation. No club dues required for participation.
Wearing a properly fastened life jacket is mandatory while on the water during all Club activities.
SEP 8-11 *Manistee River Surf-N-Turf v. 3.0 – base camping at Seaton Creek NF Campground
- Friday hiking the North Country Trail from Red Bridge back to Seaton Creek
- Saturday hiking the Manistee River Trail from Red Bridge back to Seaton Creek
- Sunday paddling the river from Hodenpyle Dam to Red Bridge
SEP 11 *Grand River – Old Town to Grand Ledge
SEP 17 *Red Cedar River – Grand River Blvd. to Ferguson Park
SEP 17 Maple River “Howl at the Moon”
SEP 22-25 *Manistee River and Tippy Pond Overnight
- Camping Thursday night at Tippy Pond SF Campground
- Paddling Friday from Tippy Dam to Bear Creek access and return to camp at Tippy Pond SF Campground Friday night
- Paddling Saturday from Hodenpyle dam to an island site (Government Island) for Saturday night
- Paddle out on Sunday
SEP 30–OCT 3 Inland Waterway fall color paddle & bike return combo; paddle campground to campground and return by rail-trail.
OCT 7-8 Red Cedar River Clean and Clear Project
OCT 15 *Grand River – Portland to Webber Dam
OCT 13-16 *Backpacking High Country Pathway
- Camp at Clear Lake State Park Thursday night
- Friday hike from Camp 30 Road to Pug Lakes to bivouac – 10.3 miles
- Saturday hike from Pug Lakes to southeast corner Tomahawk Creek Flooding to bivouac – 12.3 miles
- Sunday hike to Shoepac Lake Campground – 4.6 miles
OCT 20-23 Manistee River – County Road 612 to M-66. Base camping at CCC Bridge SF Campground
- Co Rd 612 to M-72 on Friday
- M-72 to CCC Bridge campground on Saturday
- CCC Bridge Campground to M-66 on Sunday
NOV 4-6 Backpacking High Country Pathway
- Camp at Pine Grove Campground Friday night
- Saturday hike from Pine Grove Campground to Duby Lake to bivouac – 10.3 miles
- Sunday hike to Centerline Road – 3.2 miles
NOV 25 26th Annual Turkey Float
DEC 3-4 Au Sable River – Saturday: Chase Bridge on the South Branch of the Au Sable and overnight camping on the river at Canoe Harbor Campground. Paddle out to McMaster’s Bridge on Sunday.
DEC 24 23rd Annual Christmas Eve Morning Float