Saturday, March 7, 2015
9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Pavilion for Agriculture and Livestock Education, Michigan State University
4301 Farm Lane, Lansing, MI
The 20th Annual Quiet Water Symposium brings an exciting line-up of speakers to the 2015 show.
– Cliff Jacobson, winner of the American Canoe Association’s Legends of Paddling Award
– Kevin Callan, one of only four Patrons of Paddle Canada
– Mike Link and Kate Crowley, Going Full Circle – A 1,555 mile Walk around the World’s Largest Lake
– Jim DuFresne, author of over 20 guidebooks covering Michigan, Alaska and New Zealand
– Linda De Kock, Gary De Kock and Tim Muhich, Mississippi River paddlers, 2291 miles source to sea
Last year nearly 2,500 people participated in the Quiet Water Symposium. Over 100 exhibiters took part, representing outdoor clubs, watershed groups, outfitters, boat builders, trails supporters, fishing groups, cycling organizations, hiking clubs and nature centers.
To celebrate our 20th event, a new, autographed Northstar canoe will be presented by Ted Bell as one of our door prizes. Show admission for adults is $10.00, students (with ID) $5.00 and children under 12 are free.
The Quiet Water Symposium is brought to you by volunteers from the Quiet Water Society, a non-profit Lansing based organization. The Society uses proceeds from the event to support a grant program that helps to fund environmental and conservation efforts in the Great Lakes area. Visit us at http://www.quietwatersymposium.org/ to learn more.
MeetUp contact – Gary De Kock
We are also looking for LOAPC volunteers to staff many positions during this event. Room managers are in high demand and staffing the information booth is very important. People available to move around and others to oversee the exhibitor entrances are also needed. There will be more information posted on how to sign up for these. Jay Hanks, LOAPC President