AUGUST COURSE OFFERINGS
KAYAK BRACING $40 Level 1-3 6-8pm 8/4
– Scotty says “ just learn to hate swimming!” So how about not tipping over to
begin with. Braces and recovery strokes work. Learn them and use them.
Venue – Grand River
INTRO TO PADDLESPORTS $125 Level 1-3 6-8pm 8/5, 8/7, 8/12, 8/14
– This 4 day course is without a doubt THE best way to start or improve your paddling. We will be playing on, in and around Kayaks, Canoes and Stand Up Paddleboards. The idea is to develop a foundation of blade and body awareness to apply to any craft. Venue – Lake Lansing
LEARNING TOUR $75 Level 1-3 8/3, 8/17 2-7pm 8/30 11-4pm
These trips are a great way to experience all aspects of a kayak or canoe
journey. We will look at the process as a whole and tailor to the needs and skills of each group. Venue – Grand River
FREE DEMO 8/8 Venue – Grand River 5-8pm
INTRO TO KAYAK SURFING $125 Level 2-4 8/10 10-4pm
Put a boost of adrenaline into your kayaking experience! Learn how to safely and CONFIDENTLY handle your boat in and on waves. For the first timers we will cover the Where, How and When. If you have surfed before, we can help dial in your timing and reading of the wave. Venue – Lake Michigan
KAYAK RESCUES 2 $60 Level 1-3 530-9pm 8/11
– You will get wet! So now what? Learn how to put yourself back in your boat and the rest of the group back in theirs. If you paddle a kayak this is a MUST skill. You will learn safe and effective techniques that anyone…regardless of body type, age or strength…can master. We will have “conditions” to take it up a notch. Venue – Lake Lansing
KAYAK QUICK START $60 Level 1 6-9pm 8/13
– An introduction to the sport of kayaking. We will cover boat selection,
getting in and out, basic control strokes and safety. Venue – Lake Lansing
KAYAK ROLLING $60 Level 1-4 7-9pm 8/18
– The one skill we all wish we had on lock down…and should.
If this is your first attempt or you need refining, we can help.
Venue – Lake Lansing
YOUGHIOGHENY RIVER ADVENTURE $325 Level 2-4 8/22-25
– Take your whitewater paddling to the next level with a long weekend Yough
escape. We’ll spend 1 half day and 2 full days on the Lower Yough developing river running and river play skills. Including reading rapids, rescue strategies and group awareness. Optional Falling Water tour on Monday. Price includes lodging.
STANDUP PADDLEBOARDING $60 Level 1-2
8/7, 8/21 6-9pm on the Grand River
8/14, 8/28 6-9pm Lake Lansing
8/2 1-4pm MSU Sailing Center
– Find out why this is the fastest growing outdoor sport.
Guaranteed to make you a better kayaker! Yes, kayaker.
LEVEL 1 – Little to no experience, open to learning.
LEVEL 2 – Ability to control your boat on flat water. Move sideways, forward, turn,
stop and reverse. Comfortable in water. Some exposure to rescues.
LEVEL 3 – Add wind (10-15 knots), waves (1-2 feet) and/or current (Class I-II). Still
smiling, comfortable and able to rescue yourself or your group.
LEVEL 4 – Kick it up another notch and add some solid navigation skills.
PLEASE CONTACT TREY (517-927-3859) OR SCOTT (810-217-4850). YOU CAN EMAIL US AT info@THEPOWEROFWATER.net. WE CAN PROVIDE GEAR FOR THOSE THAT NEED IT.