JUNE COURSE OFFERINGS
KAYAK QUICK START $60 Level 1 3-6pm 6/1 or 6/27
– An introduction to the sport of kayaking. We will cover boat selection,
getting in and out, basic control strokes and safety. Venue – Lake Lansing
INTRO TO MOVING WATER 1 $60 Level 1-2 6-9pm 6/5 or 6/24
– Looking at the river in a whole new way. Boat handling, hazard awareness and solutions, moving in and out of mild current and safety. Everyone needs these skills, plus it is FUN! Venue – Grand River
KAYAK RESCUES $60 Level 1-3 530-9pm 6/6
– You will get wet! So now what? Learn how to put yourself back in your boat and the rest of the group back in theirs. If you paddle a kayak this is a MUST skill. You will learn safe and effective techniques that anyone…regardless of body type, age or strength…can master. Venue – Grand River
INTRO TO PADDLESPORTS $125 LEVEL 1-3 11-4pm 6/7-6/8
– This 2 day course is without a doubt THE best way to start or improve your paddling. We will be playing on, in and around Kayaks, Canoes and Stand Up Paddleboards. The idea is to develop a foundation of blade and body awareness to apply to any craft. Venue – Lake Lansing
WOMEN’S KAYAKING I $60 Level 1 6-9pm 6/11
– A quick start program designed specifically for women by
women. Venue – Lake Lansing
INTRO TO MOVING WATER 2 $60 Level 2-3 6-9pm 6/12
– So now we look at river reading, trip planning and rescue
strategies. We will also focus on paddling in and out of current – eddy turns, peel outs and ferries. Venue – TBD
FULL MOON PADDLE $20 Level 1-5 9-11pm 6/13
– Join Steve Lidia for a different view of the GRAND
RIVER RESCUE 1 – YOU $75 Level 1-3 9-1pm 6/14
– This is learning how to swim in the river. ALL members of
your group should take this class. You can combine this
with RIVER RESCUE 2 for $125. Venue – Huron River
RIVER RESCUE 2 – BOAT AND GROUP $75 Level 2-3 2-7pm 6/14
– Now we work on picking up the pieces. Boat rescues, throw
ropes, wading and swimming with gear are all covered. Venue – Huron River
KAYAK ROLLING $60 Level 1-4 7-9pm 6/18
– The one skill we all wish we had on lock down…and should.
If this is your first attempt or you need refining, we can help.
Venue – Lake Lansing
LEARNING TRIP $75 Level 1-3 6/14 11-5pm 6/15 12-6pm
6/21 11-5pm 6/28 2-8pm 6/29 – 12-6pm
– These trips are a great way to experience all aspects of a kayak or canoe journey. We will look at the process as a whole and tailor to the needs and skills of each group.
Venue – Grand River
FREE DEMOS 6/13 4-8 6/28 10-12 Venue – Grand River
STANDUP PADDLEBOARD $60 Level 1-2 6/7 5-8pm 6/21 4-7pm
on Lake Lansing. 6/5, 6/12, 6/19, 6/26 6-9pm on Grand River
Find out why this is the fastest growing outdoor sport.
Guaranteed to make you a better kayaker! Yes, kayaker.
LEVEL 1 – Little to no experience, open to learning.
LEVEL 2 – Ability to control your boat on flat water. Move sideways, forward, turn,
stop and reverse. Comfortable in water. Some exposure to rescues.
LEVEL 3 – Add wind (10-15 knots), waves (1-2 feet) and/or current (Class I-II). Still
smiling, comfortable and able to rescue yourself or your group.
LEVEL 4 – Kick it up another notch and add some solid navigation skills.
PLEASE CONTACT TREY (517-927-3859) OR SCOTT (810-217-4850). YOU CAN EMAIL US AT info@THEPOWEROFWATER.net. WE CAN PROVIDE GEAR FOR THOSE THAT NEED IT.