St. Patrick’s Day Club Meeting!!!
Wednesday, March 17, 6:30 p.m.
16804 South Chandler Road, East Lansing
between State Road and Lake Lansing Road
Map to Jimmy’s Pub
There will be Club announcements followed by a presentation by Jay Hanks on “Canoeing and Kayaking Safety is No Accident“. Jay will discuss how to plan and paddle safely, with information to hand out, plus some clips from paddling videos demonstrating safe techniques. There will be opportunity for questions and answers throughout the presentation. Please arrive at 6:30 pm to order food and beverages prior to the meeting’s start.
(It unintentionally falls on St. Patrick’s Day, as the room was already booked for the previous day. We apologize if this alters any of your plans for Wednesday night)
Hello Paddlers, The 10th Annual Hugh Heward Challenge, April 24th, is around the bend; here is what you need to know:
1. Start times have changed to the following (in effect from now on): Whole Hugh, Dimondale, 6am (racers still start at 9a) Half Hugh, Grand Ledge, 9am Quarter Hugh, Charlotte Hwy, Noon
2. Camping is available free of charge (4/23) at Lions Park (adjacent to the Fire Station), 300 West Jefferson Street, Dimondale, MI, 48821. Pre-registration is required for camping and can be noted by name of campers anywhere on the registration form (available at http://www.verlenkrugermemorial.org). *pancake breakfast info to come *permission to have a campfire to come
3. No new t-shirts available this year, you understand, all of your money is going to the memorial at this time. Last year’s shirts will be on hand for purchase.
4. Add us to your facebook page and be updated instantly! Verlen Kruger Memorial
5. The Unveiling Ceremony is June 26, 2010! *more info to come
Best Regards, — Stacy Krause Fundraising Chair, Kruger Memorial Board (517) 285-7169